Administrative Assistant II
Location: Modesto, California US
Requisition Number: 10450
Position Title: Administrative Assistant II
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Administrative Assistant – Level 2 provides general administrative support to the Program Director and overall office. Major responsibilities include managing incoming calls, maintenance of database and report generation, coordinating personnel paperwork, maintaining and reconciling district cash/donation accounts and records, file preparation, review and maintenance, oversight of routine office operations and general information distribution within the office. The Administrative Assistant – Level 2 also coordinates with the Administrative Assistant – Level 3 and/or Core Division Administrative Assistant(s) office regarding administrative functions.
Your Skills and Duties
- Meet and greet clients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effectively operate a multi-line phone system, and process incoming calls to differentiate between emergency and non-emergency phone calls and situations and respond accordingly per office and agency policies and procedures
- Implement and/or maintain current office organizational standards.
- Respond to the administrative needs of staff and clients in a timely fashion as directed by the Program Director.
- Maintain agency petty cash records according to agency policy and procedures.
- Maintain agency/district cash and in-kind donation records according to Agency policy and procedures.
- Code and submit all district reimbursements and vendor bills according to Agency policies and procedures.
- Sort, date stamp and deliver all incoming mail and process out-going mail according to office procedures.
- Inventory and purchase all office supplies as scheduled to ensure smooth and efficient office operations.
- Produce meeting minutes and daily correspondence, as requested, in a timely manner.
- Provide verbal and written information to families and clients, as directed.
- Assist with the completion of Personnel paperwork including pre-employment packets, separation packets, and new hire packets.
- Forward expired and missing personnel items to the Human Resources Department and assist employees in locating resources to obtain requested documentation (i.e. first aid, DMV printouts, health screenings, etc.)
- Accurately maintain the database, according to agency policy and procedures.
- Generate accurate and timely database reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform standard office computer system maintenance.
- Customize agency/district forms and documents as appropriate, maintain computer forms directories.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing, state, federal and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundary areas with staff, partners, clients and community resources.
- Represent Agency in a professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Education and Work Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word or similar current word processing software.
- Experience working in a Windows- based environment including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols.
- Flexibility to manage the assigned workload in order to meet task deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience and knowledge operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a multi-functional machine (copy/fax/scanner), postage meter, printer, etc.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in clerical and business office operations.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Modesto, California US