Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10387
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides processing of all vendor payments, including invoice data entry, check writing, proper accounts posting, report generation, and meeting established pay date deadlines, internal and external according to established schedules. The Accounts Payable Clerk meets regularly with the Accounting Manager to review status of agency finances, review accounting data and resolve accounting problems.
Your Skills and Duties
- Maintain a neat, organized and accessible physical vendor A/P filing system and a current vendor file maintenance system, both according to established procedures.
- Apply discounts and age vendor payments to improve cash flow.
- Prepare checks for mailing and provide associated functions such as filing invoices, etc.
- Provide month-end processing by meeting all A/P aging requirements, generating computer reports and evaluating same, in conjunction with Supervisor.
- Inform Foster Parents by letter of receipt of clothing allowances; review all clothing and group home receipts prior to payment or reimbursement.
- Review submitted petty cash vouchers and reimburses same to all agency branches.
- Maintain an ongoing record of disbursements of funds to Certified Home Parents, Group Home Staff, Administrative Personnel, and Social Work Staff.
- Establish a master schedule of expiration dates for all Agency leases an d other prepay items; review monthly with Supervisor.
- Meet weekly with Supervisor to review Accounts Payable functions in order to achieve smooth flow of processing and to communicate any associated problems or concerns.
- Prepare and complete Forms 1099 and 571L (Business Property Statement).
- Understand computer system in conjunction with the accounts payable function.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, foster parents, clients and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Financial Manager.
Education and Work Experience
- Two years’ experience in P/R, A/P and A/R processing, one of which must be on an automated system (refers to A/P and A/R only).
- Knowledge of personnel-related functions and general accounting principles, A/P and A/R invoicing methods and aging processes.
- Requires good math aptitude and attention to detail, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Requires experience in federal or state government funding in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to deal with government accounting representatives in resolving collection issues.
- Desire to learn operation of an automated General Ledger with multiple divisions, including maintenance of Chart of Accounts through monthly financial statements.
- Ability to move from a task-oriented mode of operation towards a relatively unstructured and process-oriented position which deals with a large number of financial variables.
- Ability to perform under pressure in an environment of competing interests, prioritize work and maintain open communications with a diverse group of individuals.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US