Director of Talent Acquisition
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10360
Position Title: Director of Talent Acquisition
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Director of Talent Acquisition provides strategic leadership and direction for all Agency recruitment and onboarding activities by partnering with executive and division leadership to understand and forecast hiring needs, setting the strategic direction for Aspiranet’s recruitment activities, developing and managing or overseeing key candidate sourcing strategies, including employee referrals, campus recruiting, and community engagement, partnering with the communications/PR team to develop and execute employer branding strategies and plans, as well as candidate relationship strategies, leveraging social networking and other cutting-edge recruiting technologies and tools to connect with a broad and diverse talent network, managing a team of talent acquisition specialists and onboarding specialists to achieve the Agency’s recruitment goals, translating the HR continuum into actionable recruiting activities, constantly evaluating current processes, technologies, and approaches to improve ROI, increase efficiency, and distinguish Aspiranet from its talent competitors, understanding and sharing current employment market trends and how they impact hiring plans, managing relationships with all recruiting and onboarding solutions and services providers to ensure timely service delivery and appropriate ROI, leveraging the ATS, CRM and other appropriate technologies to create a positive candidate experience, identifying relevant indicators to monitor programs and their performance and tracking key metrics and reporting their impact to the senior executive team and core division directors, executing sourcing and recruiting processes for all Agency administrative roles and key senior-level executives, identifying individuals with the skills and characteristics required to be successful at the Agency, ensuring new hire onboarding is efficient and effective, developing and executing recruitment training, including ATS usage and interviewing, for hiring managers.
Your Skills and Duties
- Partner with Director of Communications to build, execute and evaluate employer branding strategies.
- Regularly evaluate the perception of the Agency as an employer and impact of branding strategies and adjust strategies, as appropriate.
- Plan and execute activities to communicate the Agency’s employer brand.
- Partner with Director of Communications to develop appropriate employer brand content to be communicated through multiple channels;
Sourcing and Candidate Engagement:
- Develop Agency-wide sourcing strategies and plans to support hiring needs.
- Build and update candidate relationship management strategies and plans in the CRM system.
- Ensure coordination of division-specific sourcing plans.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of sourcing and engagement activities.
- Build pipelines of prospective candidates based on skills, education, experience, and/or location;
- Partner with external recruitment advertising agency to build, evaluate, and adjust job advertising plans.
- Partner with Communications Director to create and update Agency recruitment marketing materials,
- Develop, manage, and evaluate the referral program and incentive bonuses for the Agency;
- Partner with executives and leaders to understand hiring needs,
- Build support plans to ensure open positions are filled in a timely manner,
- Develop and deliver interviewing and selection training for hiring managers,
- Ensure job ads are compelling,
- For assigned areas of responsibilities, manage open positions through sourcing and screening candidates, supporting hiring manages through the selection and offer process,
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the selection process.
Onboarding/New Hire Processing:
- Oversee the processing of all requirements for new hires;
- Select and hire talent acquisition specialists and onboarding specialists,
- Provide coaching to team members,
- Regularly evaluate team members’ performance,
- Identify recruiting metrics / key performance indicators and report progress to executives and leaders,
- Adjust strategies and plans based on key performance indicators,
- Develop and manage department budget and measure ROI of all branding, sourcing, and selection investments.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources management or related field.
- 10 years of experience in the talent acquisition/recruiting field.
- 3 years of experience leading a recruiting team, including hiring, evaluating, and developing recruiters.
- Experience developing annual budgets, tracking actual spend vs. forecast, and calculating ROI.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing successful sourcing and recruiting strategies.
- Executive presence and ability to influence senior leaders, peers, team members, external partners, and candidates.
- Strong understanding of the recruitment technology landscape and emerging solutions, including social media.
- Ability to understand the macro and micro labor market trends and their impact on hiring strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to source and select candidates based on position requirements.
- Verifiable social media recruiting experience/presence.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, power point, share point, HRIS systems.
- Ability to interface and work well with diverse staff, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Organization skills, communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience recruiting in the social services field
- Prior work experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Experience in a multi-site organization
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then ASPIRAnet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Talent Acquisition
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US