Case Manager Part Time
Location: Turlock, California US
Requisition Number: 10343
Position Title: Case Manager
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Case Manager (CM) will work directly with the participants in the Welfare to Work (WTW) program. The Case Manager will provide constant support, mentoring and supervision to the participants during their designated employment shift and will also collaborate with the Program Director to adhere to program requirements of the WTW participants. The CM will assist the participants in a strength based approach to implement workforce development services to participants that are identified as hard to serve, as having employment barriers, as well as language adjustment difficulties. The CM will work with the individual participants to provide referral services to programs that provide information regarding mental health treatment, or other rehabilitation activities.
Your Skills and Duties
- Participate in the Orientation with Participant and the WTW Instructor to ensure that Participant understands all expectations of the program and their role.
- Review the WTW Handbook with the participant upon admission.
- Review participant’s Individualized Needs and Service Support Plan.
- Work directly with the Community Service Agency (CSA) Case Managers in developing and implanting the schedule for program participation
- Responsible for maintaining current CSA documents to be posted in common area.
- Responsible for maintaining current case documentation for participants in the program.
- Attend monthly trainings and meetings pertaining to all Welfare to Work service providers.
- Provide excellent documentation for attendance.
- Have strong conflict resolution management skills to mentor and communicate with program participants.
- Develop a good working relationships with community members in order to provide meaningful employment opportunities for program participants.
- Have strong communication skills, and demonstrate good boundaries with the participants.
- Participate in trainings as designated by Program Director
- Review of the Individualized Needs and Service Support Plan as updated to ensure participant is getting the support needed
- Establish a professional rapport with the County vocational assistance programs as well as within the community sector to establish employment opportunities for the Participant in WTW.
- Provide as needed transportation for the Participant for employment interviews, court dates, medical, dental, therapy, attorney meetings or other programmatic, or county meetings.
- Provide transportation to the participant(s) during weekly food shopping activities to support their path towards self sufficiency.
- Establish natural consequences for Participant when out of program compliance.
- Represent self and Agency in a professional manner.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per Agency standards.
- Support and model Aspiranet values.
- Demonstrate knowledge, sensitivity, and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, participants, and community partners.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree and two years of experience working with adults in a vocational education setting or within the area of workforce development
- High School diploma and four years of experience working with adults in a vocational education setting or within the area of workforce development
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report).
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Case Manager Part Time
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US