Chief Financial Officer
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10342
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Chief Financial Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for overall fiscal duties for the agency as well as the Accounting department personnel.
Your Skills and Duties
1) Provide overall fiscal supervision of agency;
2) Develop and set agency standards regarding conditions which impact the agency’s financial condition.
1) Prepare and monitor agency budget;
2) At the direction and in collaboration with CEO, lead Aspiranet in contract negotiations with stakeholder counties or other financial discussions as assigned by CEO.
Agency Board Committee:
1) At the direction of CEO, attend Board meetings and Board committee meetings and work with Board members;
2) Attend Board Finance Committee meetings as agency representative.
1) Set, maintain & monitor effective structure for protection, maintenance, and improvement of all agency assets, physical and otherwise.
1) Provide recommendations to CEO regarding Accounting and Financial Policies;
2) Develop and update financial policies and procedures as warranted.
1) Develop Risk Management standards for agency;
2) Work with insurance providers in pursuit of cost effective solutions for legal and professional liability
1) Develop and maintain an effective hiring and management strategy for Accounting Department;
2) Develop effective performance management standards and business processes for accounting staff.
1) Other projects and duties as assigned or become necessary.
Education and Work Experience
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. from an accredited school in Business, Psychology, Education, Public Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years directing the business and/or finance operations of a non-profit, human services corporation required.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Financial Officer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US