Administrative Assistant III
Location: Antioch, California US
Requisition Number: 10307
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Administrative Assistant – Level 3 supports the Program Director and Program Managers in all aspects of providing quality services, administrative services, and general and program-specific support. Specific responsibilities include office administration, oversight of Administrative Assistants (Level 1 and Level 2) including program files, payroll, report writing and submission, coordination of projects and timelines throughout the district, and ensuring that all programs in the district are in compliance with Aspiranet’s policies and protocols.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provide guidance, support and training to the Administrative Assistants (Level 1 and Level 2) in the districts programs.
- Provide administrative support services for the Program Director:
- Maintain business correspondence
- Maintain filing system
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Distribute mail
- Fax and copy documents
- Compose and distribute memos as directed by the Program Director:
- Provide reception and screening of calls
- Maintain calendar for Program Director
- Coordinate events planning
- Complete administrative projects, and type documents as directed
- Assist Core Division Assistant(s) in project management – form orders, office moves, equipment management, etc.
- Compile district and program data for the Program Director.
- Direct information, inquiries, etc. to the appropriate Program Manager.
- Review district offices’ secretarial procedures with Administrative Assistants (Level 1 and Level 2) to insure proper understanding and execution.
- Organize district meetings and trainings.
- Prepare reports, quote estimates for materials, equipment, etc. for the District office.
- Liaison with vendors, programs and Headquarters.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, foster parents, clients and community resources.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Education and Work Experience
- Trained in clerical and business office procedures with a minimum of 2 years of office experience.
- AA degree or equivalent experience and education.
- Supervisory experience or well exhibited supervisory capacity,
- Proficiency in office management and project implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, database management and the Internet, including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols.
- Flexibility to manage the assigned workload in order to meet task deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a copier, fax, postage meter, printer and typewriter.
- Experience and knowledge of voice mail and internet technology.
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work individually and as a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Desire to learn and understand the needs of clients and District staff.
- Ability to travel to programs when necessary.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant III
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US