Support Counselor II
Location: Stockton, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10941
Position Title: Support Counselor II
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Support Counselor II (SCII) is responsible for implementing identified components of the approved plan. Major responsibilities include working one-on-one with youth and care provider in their home or community setting, providing interventions in support of identified behaviors and role modeling for the caregiver and other family members how to work with youth per the plan. As a valued child/youth and family team member, the SCII will submit contact notes and provide feedback on interventions to the rest of the Aspiranet team.
Your Skills & Duties
- Meet with youth and caregiver per program and plan requirements.
- Implement interventions as outlined in the plan.
- Transfer skills to caregiver and others who are caring for the youth.
- Monitor success of interventions and report to team lead.
- Inform team lead when interventions are not beneficial.
- Provide support to youth and care providers which aide youth in participating in age appropriate activities.
- Provide transportation when necessary and approved by Supervisor for service plan activities and appointments.
- Develop and provide youth-specific activities related to case plan.
- Conduct therapeutic sessions with youth and caregiver.
- Attend Child/Youth and Family team meetings when indicated
- Maintain a consistent schedule in working with youth and families.
- Develop a professional and supportive relationship with youth, families, referring parties, collaborative partners and community providers.
- Complete timely contact notes to program and funder standards.
- Maintain productivity standards, when indicated.
- Integrate and use training information provided by the agency.
- Report all incidents and program concerns to Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend required meetings, training sessions, supervision, briefings and program activities.
- Ensure appropriate and safe conditions while working with youth.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, caregivers, youth and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per HIPAA, state and Agency standards.
- Complete own administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, daily logs & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) accurately and on time.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education & Work Experience
- BA or BS degree in a related field and 2 full time equivalent years experience in a behavioral health related field.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Licensing and Certifications
- Meets all required conditions of employment as set forth by the agency, funder and or regulatory body.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Community / Marketing Title: Support Counselor II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: San Joaquin
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockton, California US