Peer Mentor-Part time position
Location: Merced, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10928
Position Title: Peer Mentor
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
Transition to Independence (TIP) Peer Mentors support client's transition goals and provide insight, advising and guidance into their process. Peer Mentors must have a strong connection to the job and the ability to establish rapport with youth and understand client circumstance. This is a part-time position; 20 hours per week.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provide constructive and appropriate feedback when needed.
- Answer questions and provide supportive peer counseling.
- Be an active member of the TIP team, by transporting youth on an as needed basis.
- Be able to collaborate, contribute to, and lead groups as needed.
Education and Work Experience
- Good assessment and observation skills
- Ability to be non-judgmental of youth
- Good interpersonal, relational and communication skills
- Ability to learn and use problem solving skills
- Displays good listening skills
- Ability to ask for help/assistance
- Demonstrates the ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work independently and in potentially stressful situations
- Ability to handle self in a calm manner in stressful situations
- Self-directed and able to follow instructions
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Peer Mentor-Part time position
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Merced, California US