Trainer/Home Study Writer
Location: Antioch, California US
Requisition Number: 10581
Position Title: Trainer/Social Worker
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, and support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources.
Join Our Mission
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Aspiranet is seeking a Social Worker / Trainer to provide training and initial screening for potential foster, adoptive and resource families along with case management and supportive services for children and families in our foster care and adoption programs. Aspiranet’s programs offer services that are client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s foster care and adoption agency has been a leader in providing services to children and families in California for over 35 years. Aspiranet strives to connect children to safe, caring relationships that can last a lifetime. We prepare and approve skilled and caring parents; guiding them in becoming a healing resource to the children in their care. We work in partnership with our families by providing ongoing support, training and monitoring until children are able to reunify with their families. When returning home is not an option, we partner with children and families to develop a plan for life long connections that may include adoption. In working with our families our goal is always the same – to maximize opportunities for the best possible outcomes. The difference you make in your daily work can change lives.
Your Skills and Duties
- Coordinate and conduct pre approval training for potential foster, adoptive and resource families.
- Support and assess potential family’s throughout the process.
- Work in collaboration with the child, family, family team members and community partners to facilitate successful completion of service plan goals inclusive of supporting permanency and lifelong connections.
- Conduct timely screenings and assessments resulting in the development of a strength based service plan.
- Provide regular case contact and support (training, resources, advocacy and interventions) to children and their families as needed to meet service plan goals.
Education & Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in a related field, or with an approved exception from the regulatory body a Bachelors Degree in a related filed and two years casework experience.
- Experience working with at risk youth and families
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then ASPIRAnet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Trainer/Home Study Writer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US