Family Support Partner
Location: Camarillo, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10329
Position Title: Home Visitor
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Family Support Partner works with families to develop goals to address child abuse/neglect and other family needs. The Family Support Partner also helps families identify needs and resources available to meet needs. In addition the Home Visitor assesses the safety and cleanliness of each home and works with families to reduce risks to children.
Your Skills and Duties
- Planned visits to help families meet goals.
- Provides information and demonstrate skills to the family.
- Teaches parents about child development, child abuse/neglect and encourages positive parent/child interactions.
- Encourages positive interactions among all family members.
- Encourages parents to become self-sufficient
- Coordinates appointments and provides transportation for families.
- Attends Individual Educational Plan (IEP) meetings and advocates for the family at various meetings during the school year.
- Documents contacts with families on a regular basis indicating progress on case plans, referrals to resources and other necessary services.
- Documents contacts using the home visitation tool, a standard form provided by the
- Human Services Agency (HSA), which is completed within three (3) working days of contact with the family.
- Translates for clients receiving home visitor services when needed.
- Assists in completion of client and family satisfaction surveys.
- Assures completion of all required documentation with regard to the services delivered and within scope of their practice and documents these services in client’s records.
- Maintains on-going relations with other county agencies, health care facilities, community agencies and other resources necessary to assure family needs are met
- Develops and maintains positive communication and working relationships with County and Partner agencies.
- Maintains positive, open communication with staff, clients and community agencies.
- Participates in new employee orientation and all required initial and ongoing training and supervision.
- Represents self and Agency in a professional manner.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with staff, families, children and community resources.
- Completes own administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Maintains client and case confidentiality per Agency standards.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor.
Education and Work Experience
- High School degree, preferred
- Fluency in a secondary language preferred.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- First Aid and CPR certificate
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Family Support Partner
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Camarillo, California US